Monday, February 21, 2011

Mw2 Switch To English

The two Hieronymus Bosch

I
in Venice many years ago


arriving in Saint Lucia Venice Vaporetto until I stepped on the Rialto bridge and from there, thanks to my inseparable map I managed to arrive, without asking for explanations, to Palazzo Grimani, on display for the exhibition of three works by Hieronymus Bosch: The vision of the afterlife, the Triptych Santa Liberata, and Triptych of the Hermits.

A big thrill for me because for the first time in my life, I could see live some of the masterpieces of this great Dutch master, who lived in the '400 and '500, and buy the beautiful catalog.

Bosch's great painter, studied art history in a few hours at school, I had forgotten.
Recently I brought it back to memory (oddly, I admit it) a series of books by Michael Connelly, whose character is the eponymous detective Hieronymus Bosch, the hero without spot created by the author along the lines of the great painter, with the same moral rigor, the same fears, the same strange fantasies that permeate the works of the artist.

- Bosch Palace Grimani
Venice, Palazzo Grimani from 19/12/2010 to 20/03/2011
catalog Skira

- Michael Connelly, The list
editions PIEMME - 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment