Friday, February 11, 2011

Adopting A Dog With Lyme Disease

A dream has come true: Aquileia

Aquileia, Basilica

(photos of this post are Jade and Simone)

As a child, I noticed on the book by reading a page devoted to elementary Aquileia, the ancient Roman city founded in 181 a. C.
I'd never gone, even as an adult, until January of this year, when the train arrived in Cervignano del Friuli, I took the bus routes to Aquileia and Grado.
I focused visit to the National Archaeological Museum, which houses statues, tombs, mosaics, glass, coins, various furnishings (great helpfulness of the staff of the Museum).


La Lupa Capitolina Aquileia
I admired the Basilica, with its beautiful mosaic floor and, later, the Roman Forum and the Sepolcreto. The day was beautiful and, in January, mild, a light NE wind blew without giving too much trouble.


The Roman Forum


Black Cat passionate about archeology:)


Hello, Aquileia, a symbol of a great period of history!

0 comments:

Post a Comment